SilverSneakers is not a benefit provided under Original Medicare. SilverSneakers is a company that some Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement insurance companies use to provide a supplemental fitness benefit to their members.
SilverSneakers is a health and fitness program designed for adults 65+. If your Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan offers SilverSneakers benefits, they can include the following:
- Go to thousands of gyms, community centers, and other participating fitness locations across the nation.
- Take fun exercise classes designed for seniors of all fitness levels and led by trained instructors.
- Access an on-demand video library of classes and workouts.
- Download the SilverSneakers G.O. app to get your digital membership card and workouts (free, iOS, and Android).
- Find a friendly, supportive community in person and online.
Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement insurance companies may also offer supplemental fitness benefits through other companies than SilverSneakers.